The NMC Acrylics department works with a variety of substrates including acrylic, styrene, polycarbonate, PETG and expanded Foam PVC. Each substrate has its own set of traits and fabrication abilities.
It is important to know what your intended application is, in order to choose the best material. Many customers may refer to these materials by their trade names. It is not uncommon for someone to request a material, often by its trade name, not really knowing if it is in fact the best material for the job.
Acrylic is available in transparent, translucent, and opaque colors that come with glossy, matte and textured surfaces.
Acrylic is commonly used for:
Expanded FOAM PVC
PVC is easily fabricated with standard tools. It can be saw cut, routed, drilled, heat bent, digitally printed, solvent cemented and mechanically fastened. PVC has excellent chemical resistance.
PVC is commonly used for:
- POP Displays
- Interior and Exterior Signs
- Tradeshow Exhibits
PETG is a durable material with impact strength higher than acrylic. Often referred to as PETG, it can be referenced by some trade names like: Vivak
PETG is recyclable.
Common uses for PETG:
- Food & Beverage displays
- Point of Purchase Displays
- Sign holders and literature dispensers
Polycarbonate is easily fabricated with standard tools. It can be saw cut, routed, drilled, heat bent, cold formed, digitally printed, solvent cemented and mechanically fastened.
Polycarbonate is commonly used for:
- Machine guards
- Bullet proofing
- Solvent splash shields
- Displays and Dispensers in rough environments
- Interior and Exterior Signs
- All NMC Acrylic products are made in the USA with the highest quality materials available.
- NMC’s acrylic products are manufactured with the highest quality standards.
- NMC has a large variety of standard PPE Dispensers for
Safety Glasses, Earplugs, Gloves, Wipes, Bouffant Caps, Finger Cots, etc.
- All standard PPE Dispensers can be branded with customer specific information with labels or digital printing (minimum runs may apply).
- NMC has a stock line of acrylic sign holders for table top, wall mount or glass mount applications Sizes range from 4”x 6” to 11” x 17 in Portrait and Landscape orientation.
Sometimes getting custom fabrication work from a new or existing customer is exactly that; a process. It often requires time, multiple visits or conversations, design ideas in the form of CAD drawings or samples, a quote, approval and maybe, a purchase order.
To streamline this process it is helpful if we know the following:
- Do you have a specific idea, design or current model?
We can work from blueprints and samples to duplicate a current product.
- Do you need design assistance?
If so, can you provide us with product to design around?
- What is the application? Material costs and choices factor in here.
- Do you have size or capacity restrictions?
- Do you have a budget in mind? There is usually a point where dollars make a project unfeasible. We can design around any budget.
- Do you have a timeline that needs to be met for the project?
- Do you want graphics on their acrylic product? Do you have artwork?
- Do you know how they want their products packed? Bulk, Individually?